November 01, 2010
3LCD Expands Technology Offering to Include 3LCD Reflective
3LCD, the world's number one projection technology, today announced that projectors featuring the world's first reflective high-temperature polysilicon (Reflective HTPS) liquid crystal chip for 3LCD will soon be available in major markets worldwide. The new 3LCD Reflective projectors recently earned rave reviews at IFA in Berlin, Germany and the U.S.-based CEDIA exhibition in Atlanta. The new reflective chip, measuring 0.74 inches on the diagonal, supports full high-definition content (1920 x 1080) and provides increased contrast ratios.
With the recent increase in popularity of HD content, there is also new demand for convenient, large-screen home viewing options that deliver stunning visual images. The new reflective HTPS chip provides fully optimized high-contrast ratios for the deepest blacks and brightest whites, and Color and White Light Output are perfectly equal for optimum visual experiences. These advantages are particularly beneficial in home theaters, as the reproduction of natural-looking colors and deep blacks is critical to the viewing experience.
The new reflective liquid crystal chip provides contrast ratios of 100,000:1 or higher(1) and has the ability to reproduce bright, natural-looking images and deliver rich gradations. The main structural difference in the reflective chip is a reflective electrode instead of a transparent electrode, and the technology that enabled high-contrast ratios in the transmissive HTPS chip has been optimized for the new reflective HTPS chip.
The new reflective HTPS chip joins a list of innovate features and advantages that set 3LCD apart from the competition, including:
- 3-Chip Optical Engine: All 3LCD projectors use a 3-chip optical engine to deliver incredibly bright, true-to-life color.
- High Color Light Output: 3LCD projectors deliver high Color and White Light Output so images, video and text always look their very best.
- No Color Wheel: 3LCD projectors do not rely on a spinning color wheel to produce color and do not suffer from "the rainbow effect" or "color break-up."
- Road-Tested Reliability: 3LCD technology is the #1 projection technology and has consistently been the choice of users who demand long-life performance and reliability.
For more information about 3LCD technology and the wide variety of products and leading manufacturers that use it, visit www.3LCD.com.
About 3LCD Technology
3LCD is the world's leading projection technology, delivering unbelievably bright and natural color, amazing detail and road-tested reliability. Using an advanced, 3-chip optical engine, 3LCD offers full-time color for brilliant quality images without the possibility of color break-up. 3LCD is based on LCD technology, which is used by leading manufacturers worldwide for the ultimate viewing experience in flat panel TVs and projectors. To find out why more users choose 3LCD than all other projection technologies combined and to get the latest list of leading companies offering 3LCD technology in their products, visit the 3LCD website at http://www.3LCD.com.
(1) The contrast ratio of the actual chip; contrast ratio of the projector may vary depending on the manufacturer's final specifications.