March 11, 2010
3LCD Announces Worldwide Market Share Leadership in 2009
3LCD, the world’s leading projection display technology, today announced it maintained market share leadership throughout all of 2009. According to the most recent data from Pacific Media Associates (PMA1), 3LCD maintained a lead over the competition with 51 percent market share among traditional projector buyers – those looking for projectors touting 500 Lumens or more – during the period of January 2009 through December 2009.
With more than 20 years of experience in the projection market and more than 60 million chips shipped, 3LCD consistently delivers dependable projection technology. Beyond the road-tested reliability, 3LCD also delivers bright, true-to-life images, and high Color and White Light Output for presentations and videos that always look their best.
“2009 has been a great year for 3LCD, and our worldwide success can be attributed in part to the ongoing customer and OEM support,” said Rina Bhuva, senior strategic marketing manager, 3LCD. “As a leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our prolonged success is a sign that buyers consistently look to 3LCD to meet their demanding needs, and we continue to deliver great results with our road-tested reliable technology.”
The sustained success in the worldwide market throughout the year is due to a number of factors, including recently introduced projector models, innovative features and technology advantages that make 3LCD stand out from the competition, including:
- 3-Chip Optical Engine: All 3LCD projectors use a 3-chip optical engine to deliver incredibly bright, true-to-life color.
- High Color Light Output: 3LCD projectors deliver high Color and White Light Output so images, video and text always look their very best.
- No Color Wheel: 3LCD projectors do not rely on a spinning color wheel to produce color and do not suffer from “the rainbow effect” or “color break-up.”
- Road-Tested Reliability: 3LCD technology is the #1 projection technology and has consistently been the choice of users who demand long-life performance and reliability.
- Energy Efficient Light Engine: The light engine in 3LCD projectors efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images, projecting on average 25% more brightness per watt of electricity, compared to the leading competitor2.
For more information about 3LCD technology and the wide variety of products and leading manufacturers that use it, visit www.3LCD.com.
１Data source: US market research company, “Pacific Media Associates” (for January 1 to December 31, 2009)
２Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan 2010. Average of 910 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen.
About 3LCD Technology
3LCD is the world's leading projection technology, delivering unbelievably bright and natural color, amazing detail and road-tested reliability. Using an advanced, 3-chip optical engine, 3LCD offers full-time color for brilliant quality images without the possibility of color break-up. 3LCD is based on LCD technology, which is used by leading manufacturers worldwide for the ultimate viewing experience in flat panel TVs and projectors. To find out why more users choose 3LCD than all other projection technologies combined and to get the latest list of leading companies offering 3LCD technology in their products, visit the 3LCD website at http://www.3LCD.com.